This blog is set up by Jeremy and Stephanie Meyer for everyone to follow the birth of our first child. Come here for news, picts, etc. Nothing graphic will be revealed.
Both Steph and I want to thank everyone for their congrats and best wishes. It has been a fun 24 hours and it looks like we might be able to go home today.
Here's a picture i took today. Once I can get on a computer i will put more up over the weekend.
okay, I really have nothing to complain about this morning other than only about 40 minutes of sleep.
Still no baby meyer but things are happenning. We came in for the appointment yesterday afternoon and are still here at 7 this morning, well sorta.
They gave Steph the drugs to help thin the cervix at 5 pm and we had to wait about two hours to see if we needed a second dose. The contractions started growing in frequency and intensity so a second dose was not required. Unfortunately, the Birthing Place was having a fire sale on babies yesterday and at least three werebeing delivered during prime time last night. Steph was feeling good and we decided to deal with the contractions at home.
That lasted until about 12:30 when we decided to make the trip back down the hill. After a full night of contractions Steph is resting comfortably. Still no baby but also no pain for the time being. She is dialated to a 3 or 4, at least around 5 am or so and was about 75 percent thinned out. No water break yet but it is only a matter of time.
I'm going to fold myself back into these two chairs and try for a quick nap before Steph wakes up.
Hopefully we'll have our new life starting very soon.
I know, usually it's a Manic Monday, but with the holiday everyone was in a Monday mood, including the Meyer family.
We had another round of doctor's appointments this morning, which took way too long. Steph had another No Stress Test, and everything was good there. Then another ultrasound, and the baby passed all of the tests required. The head is down and the baby is ready to go. It looks like the baby will be just about seven pounds when it comes out.
The doctor was really wondering what to do with this pregnancy. With not a lot of stress, how long does he let it go? Also, Steph is still only dialated to a one, so not a lot of progress. So, we will be going into the birting place at SMDC tomorrow afternoon so they can help the process along as far as the thinning of the cervix goes (Steph just told me it's call "effacing" of the cervix. Must be a teacher). We have another doctor's appointment on Thursday, and if no baby before then, the doctor plans to induce on Friday.
We are still waiting, patiently. The baby is healthy and so is mom-to-be. Dad's just watching Deadliest Catch (still) and checking in on the Minnesota Twins.
We'll let you know more once we know something.
Until then, thanks for your support (and I don't mean the Bartles and James commercial from the 1980's).
It was a fun Memorial Day, despite the news that Baby Meyer didn't come out to join us in the fun.
It's about 10:00 pm and Steph is getting ready for bed. Steph's aunt and mom commented yesterday that they could really tell the baby has dropped. Some sings of hope that the baby is looking to make a move, but nothing definitive.
Mom is doing good. A little sore, but still in good spirits.
We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and we will find out what he wants to do as far as inducing the delivery,
Until then, I'm going to finish watching Deadliest Catch and catch some zzzz's.
We went to the doctor this morning for the weekly check-up. Steph took a NST, or No Stress Test, which checked the baby's heart beat and movement patterns. All good there. Baby's heart beat was around 150 per minute. Well within the normal range.
We then had an ultrasound, and bio-something-or-other test done during that. They checked movements of the face, fingers, fluid levels, and a couple of other things. That went quick.
The lab coat master said the baby hasn't really made the move yet to come out, but it could happen at anytime. We have another appointment scheduled for next Tuesday, and if the baby hasn't arrived by then, he wants to schedule to induce.
Maybe the holiday weekend will bring some more movement.
I will put pictures of the ultra sound up once I get them scanned into the computer.